Friday, June 5, 2009

Roman finally decided he was tired of having long hair!

I didn't mind it long. It was actually much easier to make it look nice when it was long, than it ever had been when it was short. And he looks good with long hair, too. :-) But it had definitely gotten too long.
We could have just gone in for another trim, but it grows so fast! So, when he told me he wanted it cut short, I was very excited! Unfortunately, with our busy schedules, time just kept passing, and his hair just kept getting longer. Finally, he was sick of it, I was frustrated with not being able to find the time to go to the salon, and I pulled out the clippers and a pair of scissors, and I did it myself. ;-)

Let me tell you, I HATE cutting hair! I hate it with a passion!

I was not taught how to cut hair, yet, for 10 years of Navy life I found myself playing the role of barber to my husband. I'd cut his hair and it would turn out great out of pure luck. But I despised it so much, after a few times I make him go to a barber. Then he'd come home with a bad haircut, that we paid for, and I'd once again be forced to assume that dreaded role.

Out of desperation, I pulled out those familiar tools and began cutting Roman's hair. It wasn't long before I fully regretted it! But now I had started, there was no turning back.

In the end it turned out alright. Once again, I remember why I so hate cutting hair, and somehow his haired turned out pretty nice, but I certainly won't be doing that again for a looong time!

Before:

After:


No comments:

Post a Comment